Friday, January 6, 2012

Music Review

               I love techno music, don't hate. Whenever I listen to techno music I enter whole new world and it just makes me smile. The beats are amazing but my favorite DJ is by far DJ Tiesto.
               He was born in the Netherlands and his birthday is on January 17 (same birthday as me...how cool is that). The song that I am going to review is called, Adagio for Strings from the album Parade of the Athletes which was released in 2004. Adagio for Strings translates into Music for Strings, and I think the title of this song makes no sense but it is very difficult to give a song a title that has no lyrics.
               The song starts off with a simple base and about every 15 seconds a new beat is added to it. Dj Tiesto really understands trance music and knows what kind of sounds to add to the song. Whenever I listen to this song, my heart beats to the rhythm and the base of the music. I can just close my eyes and just listen and focus on any aspect of the music. That is what I love most about Dj Tiesto and his Trance, its just fills me inside and I become a new person.
               Later in the song, everything gets silent but there is still this base that just makes your ears throb but from there it gets good. All I can say is that if you are not a fan of trance or alternative music, please give this song a chance and all I ask of you is to just listen at least 3 minutes of the song. One more piece of advice, listen to this song on full volume, you won't regret it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIdTT9RdbEc

1 comment:

  1. Have you explored your own city's development of this music? Chicago house music is the source of it...not as computerized and generic though...not hating, just trying to give you something to expand into. Try on Mr. Fingers- Can You Feel It?, Armando- Land of Confusion, Lil Louis- French Kiss or Jupiter for size.

    ReplyDelete