Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gatsby Scene

I sometimes just like to watch my guests and tend to eschew from them. I don’t even know most of these people and yet they are here, at my house, enjoying life. This is all part of a larger scheme though and I hope that it will all come together very soon. But today I have two very important guests to me, Nick Carraway and Jordan Baker.
            After a while I spot Nick and I come up to him. He seems like a really nice guy, but then he really surprises me by telling me that he still hasn’t met the host. I dont think he was trying to be invidious but, I told him that I was Jay Gatsby and he apologized to me but really I should be the one apologizing. What kind of a host am I when my guests don’t even know what my face looks like.  Well anyways, I think that Nick is a good guy but I need him to like me.
            I have decided that I am going to talk to Jordan about my plan and ask her to tell Nick. I pulled a lovely lady, Jordan Baker, over and I told her that Daisy and I are long lost lovers but she has not yet come to one of my parties as I had planned. I begged her to ask Nick if he could invite Daisy for some tea and he would accidentally run into her. I asked Jordan to not tell Nick right away, but to wait a while.  I think that my conversation with Jordan went well and I hope that Nick will be kind enough to set up the meeting.
            I need Nick to like me so that he agrees but I tend to get really nervous around Nick. I hope he doesn’t realize it and everything goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment