Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Open Letter

Dear Mr. Bukowski,
               After reading your poem "Dinosauria, We", a couple of questions have come to me. First off, what happened to our society that caused this? I have come up with a theory to answer this question. My first thought was that a nuclear war caused "this", or some other sort of war. When you wrote, "Nuclear power will be taken over by the many. Explosions will continuously shake the earth. Radiated robot men will stalk each other", I thought of violence and some sort of bomb that did this (nuclear). What do you think?
                 I think, right now, in our society, this is not probable although it is possible. We have the capability to cover earth with nuclear bombs but that will most likely not happen for a while because I think countries use bombs to gain power however no country is stupid enough to kill/end all of humanity. Today, we obviously have wars, and many people die, but we the wars are not bad enough to cause something like this.
               In my opinion, there are many small things we can do to prevent this from happening although I believe that only one big thing could possibly prevent this, world peace.  We can achieve world peace by finding a way to unify all the countries. Of course, conflicts would arise but the problems would be solved by negotiation and in a peaceful manner. Other than world peace, I don't see a different way of preventing this.
              I would just like to say that enjoyed your poem greatly and I think you would be a very fascinating person to talk to, if you weren't dead, that is. I think the poem really shows what could happen if we continue our current lifestyle, but it really opened my eyes to what is possible.
                                                                                                                         Sincerely,
                                                                                                                             Filip

No comments:

Post a Comment